Wed, Aug 23|
All Souls Church
4-day EFT Externship in Knoxville, TN
Join Dr. Teri Murphy & Dana Vince for this 4-day Introduction to Emotionally Focused Therapy. 28 CEs are available through NBCC at no additional cost. Training will take place on Wednesday - Friday from 9:00am - 5:00pm & on Saturday from 9:00am - 3:30pm.
Time & Location
Aug 23, 9:00 AM EDT – Aug 26, 3:30 PM EDT
All Souls Church, 100 W Fifth Ave, Knoxville, TN 37917, USA
About the Event
EFT Externships and Advanced Core Skills trainings are designed for mental health professionals and trainees. Participants are required to note their professional designation during registration. If you do not meet these qualifications or have any questions regarding eligibility to participate, please discontinue the registration process for the time being and email the event organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org. By proceeding, you agree to the following statements:
*I have the educational training, qualifications, and professional credentials to practice as a mental health professional in the area where I live or I am in a formal training program or supervised internship as a mental health professional (Pastoral Counselors are permitted).
*I agree not to records any part of this training in any format (audio, video, etc...). Personal notes of a non-confidential nature are permitted.
*I agree to keep confidential the personal identifying information of case material shared in this training.
- Describe 3 modalities of EFT therapy from the perspective of attachment science – EFIT, EFCT and EFFT.
- Describe 5 features of relationship distress.
- Describe 2 causes of relationship distress.
- Describe 7 basic features of Attachment Theory.
- Identify 3 ways attachment theory informs working with couples, families, and individuals in EFT.
- Explain 2 key features of each of the systemic and experiential elements of EFT.
- Discuss 7 key features of the macro interventions of EFT, called the EFT Tango.
- Describe 3 change factors involved in moving from distress to recovery.
- Identify the 3 Stages and 9 process Steps of EFT.
- Demonstrate 2 ways that basic empathy and reflection of inner and between dramas are central to the therapeutic process in EFT.
- Identify and demonstrate 3 basic assessment skills in EFT.
- Describe and demonstrate 4 skills to create a therapeutic alliance: empathic attunement, validation, acceptance, genuineness.
- Discuss 2 applications of the EFT Tango in Stage 1 of EFT.
- Demonstrate 1 way to enter the experience of partners to find out how each construct his/her experience of their relationship.
- Demonstrate 2 skills to track and frame the sequences of interaction that perpetuate distress and disconnection.
- Discuss 2 ways to describe a couple’s negative cycle of interaction (e.g., pursue/withdraw) while emphasizing attachment needs such as closeness, connection, fear of loss.)
- Identify 3 aspects of assessment, using the EFT Tango with individuals in Stage 1.
- Identify 4 ways that systemic and experiential theories that underlie EFT interventions.
- Identify and demonstrate at least 3 basic EFT interventions for assembling and deepening emotion, such as reflection, validation, evocative responding, empathic conjecture, and heightening.
- Demonstrate how to use 4 elements of RISSSC to heighten emotional experience.
- Identify and discuss 4 elements of facilitating Stage 2 encounters (distilling, deepening, disclosing, processing – Tango Moves 2, 3 and 4 combined).
- Describe 2 ways the interventions combine to facilitate change events.
- Describe 3 change events in EFT for couples: de-escalation, withdrawer engagement and pursuer softening.
- Discuss 3 skills to evoke, assemble, and deepen emotional experience
- Demonstrate 2 skills for facilitating acceptance (Move 4 of the EFT Tango).
- Identify and explain 1 Stage 2 change event using enactments / encounters.
- Assess 5 of the EFT Tango moves as applied to individuals in EFIT.
- Explain 1 defining feature of an attachment injury from an attachment theoretical perspective.
- Identify 4 steps of interaction toward resolving attachment injuries and rebuilding trust.
- Describe 3 key interventions with escalated couples.
- Critique 2 key elements in the EFT approach to managing comorbidities such as depression and sexual dysfunction.
- Plan 4 elements of the process for becoming an EFT Therapist that have personal relevance.
Refunds are available for up to 60 days after the date of payment minus a $200 administrative fee. Refunds will not be issued after August 13th. As an alternate option, we can transfer your full tuition to another training offered by EFT Tennessee. Refund requests should be emailed to: email@example.com
We will follow COVID protocols for in-person learning that are current at the time of the training.
If the number of positive cases rise to a point that requires a lock-down, we will move to an online training format.
Cumberland House is very close to the Old City and downtown Knoxville for some sight seeing and it's about 5 minutes from the event location.
The Crown Plaza is right in the Old City. Lots of stuff to walk to. Also just a few minutes from the event location.
If an AIRBNB is an option, this is a nice one that is walking distance to the event site with current availability for the externship dates.
Available to actively enrolled students at the time of the training event$595.00
Payment Plan deposit*
This ticket is for the payment plan option only. Please note that this deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. Following your registration, you will receive an invoice from PayPal for the remaining amount due. Balance must be paid in full no later than August 13, 2023 to secure your spot in the training.$200.00